Who we are
We are a self-funded, well financed family office combining a customer-centric wealth management approach with state-of-the-art technology. Our mission is to make family office services accessible to a broader audience. We are looking for talented individuals supporting us on that mission.
About the position
We’re looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our investment team and take over key responsibilities in our strategic asset allocation process. You'll be responsible developing and refining the concept and presenting results to clients. You'll be working closely with other stakeholders in the process like our CIO, the heads of the individual asset classes and our financial engineers. This position is based in our offices in Frankfurt.
- Responsibility for the Strategic Asset Allocation at FINVIA
- Development and improvement of the existing concept
- Calculation of the Strategic Asset Allocation for complex wealth structures
- Presenting results internally as well as externally (esp. clients)
- Active integration of the latest findings from empirical capital market research through, among other things, screening of external research
- Responsibility for quantitative research projects in liquid and illiquid asset classes
- Evaluation of new datasets to support the strategic asset allocation
What we are looking for
- Advanced degree (MSc/Ph.D.) in an economic/quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, finance, financial economics, statistics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science or related field of study) with outstanding results
- CFA/CIMA/ACCA or comparable qualification would be beneficial
- Programming skills in at least one language (Python, R, or MATLAB). Experience with Python a plus.
- Real team player
- Strong communication skills
- Strong command of German language
- Preference for 2 – 5 years’ experience performing quantitative analyses in capital markets. We will also consider candidates with a strong quant background and 2-5 years’ experience in academia (post-doc or faculty) in fields like finance, math, or physics. Understands the underlying structures and behaviours of the markets.
- Awareness of various statistical and mathematical tools and techniques, and the ability to select the appropriate ones to use in different circumstances.
- Experience with large/alternative datasets a plus.
- Ability to create clear and concise proposals and presentations.
- Ability to discuss and present complex ideas in an intuitive, easy to follow way. Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills, with experience crafting a compelling narrative supported by data
- Follow industry and academic literature for relevant innovations and suggest how FINVIA could profit from this.
- Expertise in applying statistical/mathematical techniques for time-series analysis and prediction
- Intimate familiarity with the potential flaws & fallacies in the applications of specific statistical methods
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Broad familiarity with academic finance literature strongly preferred
- An empirical research mindset and a focus on delivering practical results
We are looking forward to your application, including a possible starting date, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us a summary of your previous work experience as well as a short friendly note on why FINVIA is exciting to you. No formal cover letter needed.